This senior level position is responsible for the engineering and systems solution for the overall Shulogique proprietary mass customization shoe design and delivery process. All technical development staff report up through this position and include the design and specification of the following elements in the process:
- Custom digital automatic foot scanning system
- Automated image processing software
- Fit & comfort algorithm
- Custom last and material cut file generation software
- Material science and communication technologies
This is an opportunity for you to make a huge difference in a small company environment. As the Vice President of Engineering & System Architect, you will be providing leadership, direction, and management to the Software and Hardware engineering team in meeting design, development, and release requirements while ensuring products meet design and quality requirements. As a hand-on leader, you will oversee all phases of the engineering process, including development, R&D, and QA while participating in determining the company's strategic technical direction. We are most interested in candidates, whose background includes leading a multi-disciplined software and hardware engineering team, using traditional and agile development approaches.
The position requires extensive hands on engineering experience and also significant experience managing cross functional engineering teams as electronics design, mechanical engineering, software development; image processing and materials science all come into play in this system. The right candidate for this job must have 15+ years of related experience and posses a Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Engineering and have proven capability of personally leading the development of one or more sophisticated multi-disciplinary engineering projects from scratch. The ability to develop software is highly desirable and if not a core skill must be offset by implementation level expertise in one or more of the application’s engineering disciplines. Previous experience with working in a startup business is highly desired.
- Strategic planning, architecture, approach, technical direction, guidance, and management of all engineering development projects.
- Defining and communicating development schedules and allocation of engineering resources.
- Developing engineering processes and procedures to ensure development and testing meet design specifications and requirements.
- Creating a development culture of high performance, meeting schedules and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computers, or related field
- 5+ year track record successfully leading and managing a multi-discipline development team in the development of quality software and hardware integrated products.
- Experience developing and managing multiple product release schedules and milestones within budget.
- Capability to grow, develop, and retain a strong engineering team with multi-discipline skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences.